Stop the Madrassa
American Values For Kids wants to stop it. They have such luminaries as Frank Gaffney and Daniel Pipes on the board.
Islamist organizations have worked systematically for years, backed by Saudi wealth, to impose extremist, anti-American, intolerant values in our children's history textbooks, teacher training programs, and now charter schools and Arabic language programs.Here you can get the Citizen's Guide to Islamist Curricula in Our Public Schools. The Table of Contents:
Citizens for American Values in Public Education will develop resources and educational materials to help parents and teachers investigate, expose and eliminate that Islamist influence on textbooks, curricula and courses.
Why do we need a Citizen’s Guide to Islamist Curricula?Also on board is the Catholic League:
“Politically Correct” Myths about Muslim Americans and Arab Americans
The Facts about Arab Americans
The Facts about Muslim Americans
The Facts about Discrimination against Muslim Americans
Khalil Gibran International Academy
Title VI Reform: More Actual Language Training Is Needed
What can a parent do?
Islamist Curricula Organizations
Organizations Investigating and Exposing Islamist Curricula
Purpose: To raise serious questions regarding the propriety of opening Khalil Gibran International AcademyDo it for the children.
Participants: Coalition of New Yorkers across faith communities
When: 12:15 p.m., September 4, 2007
Where: Steps of New York City Hall
Catholic League president Bill Donohue explains why he is joining the rally:
“There are several reasons why the Catholic League is concerned about the founding of Khalil Gibran International Academy. They include:
· The pedagogical necessity of establishing this school.
· The stonewalling by the New York City Department of Education whenever we have sought information about the curriculum, textbooks, school’s advisors, etc.
· The paucity of information about the Association of Muslim American Lawyers, a group that is slated to play an integral role.
· The incredible disparity in the way the New York City Department of Education treats Muslims and Catholics: Arab Muslims not only have a taxpayer-funded school, but the Islamic religious symbol, namely the crescent and star, is permitted in all New York City public schools. However, the Department of Education bars the display of nativity scenes.
· The entire pro-terrorist T-shirt controversy and the initial selection of Debbie Almontaser as the school’s principal.