Sunday, April 03, 2005

GayPatriot Silenced

The blog of GayPatriot (a gay Republican) has gone off the air permanently (hence my removal of the link). The final posting was mysterious:
For personal and professional reasons that I am unable to fully discuss, I have to stop blogging as GayPatriot effective immediately. This has been a great experience for me and I have learned a lot. And I have met a lot of good people along the way (if only through email). As of this moment, I am no longer affiliated with this blog and I turn over all control to GayPatriotWest who will keep the fires going. Thank you for letting me come into your homes since last September. It has been an honor.
You can find the writings of fellow gay Republican GayPatriotWest here. I don't agree necessarily with all their positions, but the Republicans are a big tent and such diversity of thought is welcome.

Why this abrupy signoff, however? The tale is here. Apparently GayPatriot posted an article critical of some activist left-wing gays who like to "out" Republican gays, and they responded with legal and financial threats, and ending the blog was seen as the best way to avoid such problems.

Chalk up another anti-speech victory to leftist intimidation and enforcement of their rigid ideological orthodoxy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home