Thursday, March 30, 2006

Simple Questions

Earlier this month, a student at UNC-Chapel Hill, who had been raised in this country since the age of two, turned into an islamic murderbot and tried to run down a crowd of people with his SUV.

Luckily no-one was killed, though many were injured.

His intent was to murder as many innocent students as possible, as his religious duty.

Now, it turns out, he left behind a very interesting note, reproduced below.

It is utterly fascinating for what it reveals about the thinking of the jihadist, and the logic of the muslim religion that directs its adherents to kill.

After reading it, I pose two simple questions.

Question the first: Should this person be charged with a crime and treated as a simple criminal, and be out in maybe a few years on on attempted murder charges?

Or should he be seen as an illegal enemy combatant and sent to Guantanamo forever?

Scalia, or course, has the answer right:
"War is war, and it has never been the case that when you captured a combatant you have to give them a jury trial in your civil courts. Give me a break," Newsweek quoted Scalia as saying.
Question the second: Given his accurate explication of the koranic justification for his actions, straight from the mouth of the holy man mohammed, can the problem be rationally claimed to be with a few radicals who have "hijacked" a "great religion", or is the problem with the fundamental tenets of islam itself?

Now the letter:
In the name of Allah, the merciful, the compassionate.

To whom it may concern:

I am writing this letter to inform you of my reasons for premeditating and attempting to murder citizens and residents of the United States of America on Friday, March 3, 2006 in the city of Chapel Hill, North Carolina by running them over with my automobile and stabbing them with a knife if the opportunities are presented to me by Allah.

I did intend to use a handgun to murder the citizens and residents of Chapel Hill, North Carolina but the process of receiving a permit for a handgun in this city is highly restricted and out of my reach at the present, most likely due to my foreign nationality.

I am a servant of Allah. I am 22 years of age and I was born in Tehran, Iran. My father, mother and older sister immigrated to the United States in 1985 when I was two years of age and I’ve lived in the United States ever since.

I attended elementary, middle and high school in North Carolina and I was accepted into the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. I began my college career in August 2001 and graduated in December 2005 with a bachelor’s degree in psychology and philosophy with Allah’s help.

I do not wish to pursue my career as a student any further because I have no desire to amass the impermanent and temporary fame and material wealth this world has to offer. However I made the decision to continue my studies and to graduate from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill so that the world will know that Allah’s servants are very intelligent.

Due to the killing of believing men and women under the direction of the United States government, I have decided to take advantage of my presence on United States soil on Friday, March 3, 2006 to take the lives of as many Americans and American sympathizers as I can in order to punish the United States for their immoral actions around the world.

In the Qur’an, Allah states that the believing men and women have permission to murder anyone responsible for the killing of other believing men and women. I know that the Qur’an is a legitimate and authoritative holy scripture since it is completely validated by modern science and also mathematically encoded with the number 19 beyond human ability. After extensive contemplation and reflection, I have made the decision to exercise the right of violent retaliation that Allah has given me to the fullest extent to which I am capable at present.

I have chosen the particular location on the University campus as my target since I know there is a high likelihood that I will kill several people before being killed myself or jailed and sent to prison if Allah wills. Allah’s commandments are never to be questioned and all of Allah’s commandments must be obeyed. Those who violate Allah’s commandments and purposefully follow human fabrication and falsehood as their religion will burn in fire for eternity in accordance with Allah’s will.

Sincerely yours,
Mohammed Reza Taheri-Azar
Anyone note the evil irony of calling allah the "merciful" and "compassionate", then talking about his unending imperatives to kill the unbelievers?

And for all those "the Bible is violent!" morons, there's a difference between the mere recording of bronze-age history, and the actual teachings of Jesus Christ.

For the logic-impaired, it is the explicit teachings of mohammed that are damning.

Read for example these questions asked by Investor's Business Daily:
Is Islam the only religion with a doctrine, theology and legal system that mandates warfare against unbelievers?

...

Is the “test” of loyalty to Allah not good acts or faith in general, but martyrdom that results from fighting unbelievers (47:4) — the only assurance of salvation in Islam (4:74; 9:111)?

Are the sins of any Muslim who becomes a martyr forgiven by the very act of being slain while slaying the unbelievers (4:96)?

...

Does Islam advocate expansion by force? And is the final command of jihad, as revealed to Muhammad in the Quran, to conquer the world in the name of Islam (9:29)?

Is Islam the only religion that does not teach the Golden Rule (48:29)? Does the Quran instead teach violence and hatred against non-Muslims, specifically Jews and Christians (5:50)?

There are other questions, but these should do for a start.
Yes, that's quite enough.

How many more examples are needed???

Send Taheri-Azer to Gitmo with a sack over his head for the duration.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting post. In fact, I saw the same thing on a pro-gun control site.

:) Ken

3:25 PM, May 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home